Tuesday 21 May 2013

Conscience and Moral Judgement


We have explored the ideas of conscience and moral decision-making. Decision-making should be a process that we follow in order to check that our lives are consistent with our own moral code.

A friend of yours, who is also a popular and well-known student, boasts to you that he/she has managed to steal a copy of the semester science exam. He/she is prepared to sell it to anyone for $10.00. This test has a 50% weighting on the overall result. What do you do? Would you buy a copy for yourself? Would you report the incident?

If I was put in this situation, I would not but a copy of the exam for myself as that is just going to get me in trouble as well as I would have just gone along with the incident. I would definitely report this incidence to either a teacher or my parents as this is a very bad decision that my friend has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment