Monday 13 May 2013

Where does evil come from?


Today we studied the first three chapters of Genesis, which explain the Christian understanding of HOW evil came into the world.
When I first heard these stories, I thought that these were not real. Even though they may not be true, many people believe these stories.

We then created Wordles to see how the language changed in each chapter.
In the Wordle for chapter 1, the main words and ideas were God, earth, according and day.

In the Wordle for chapter 2, the main words and ideas was man, Lord and God.
In the Wordle for chapter 3, the main words and ideas were God, eat, woman, tree and Lord.

The ideas in each chapter changed from earth and according to man and to eat woman and tree.
I think this means that throughout each chapter a new meaning or word was introduced.

I think the word temptation means a desire to do something unwise or wrong.
If I had to connect temptation with good and evil, I would say temptation is being a good person but wanting to do something evil.

Studying Genesis has helped in my journey to discover good and evil by how God created the world and what he made good and what he made evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment